COIL at other Institutions
- Florida International University
- Institute for Innovative Global Education, Kansai University
- DePaul University
- State University of New York (SUNY)
Journals and conferences
- Journal of Virtual Exchange (JVE)
- The Journal of Intercultural Communication Research
- IVEC – International Virtual Exchange Conference (annual)
Library and Open Education Resources
International copyright law means there are unequal levels of access to online resources between countries. Sharing resources between COIL partners might not always be possible. Below is a collection of databases and websites that offer a mix of Public Domain, Open Access, or otherwise public materials that anyone can use anywhere.
Internet Archive: https://archive.org/
- The Internet Archive is building a digital library of Internet sites and other cultural artifacts in digital form. Like a paper library, we provide free access to researchers, historians, scholars, the print disabled, and the general public. Our mission is to provide Universal Access to All Knowledge.
Project Gutenberg: https://www.gutenberg.org/
- Choose among free eub and Kindle eBooks, download them or read them online. You will find the world’s great literature here, with focus on older works for which U.S. copyright has expired. Thousands of volunteers digitized and diligently proofread the eBooks, for you to enjoy.
- Looking for a specific article title? You can request any article or book chapter through the college’s InterLibrary Loan System to receive a PDF if it is available. Only LaGuardia Community College Faculty, Staff and Students can make ILL requests.
Directory of Open Access Journals: https://doaj.org/
- DOAJ is a community-curated online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals. DOAJ offers articles in 80 languages and from 130 countries.
- PLOS is a nonprofit, Open Access publisher empowering researchers to accelerate progress in science and medicine by leading a transformation in research communication.
- arXiv is a free distribution service and an open-access archive for 1,993,581 scholarly articles in the fields of physics, mathematics, computer science, quantitative biology, quantitative finance, statistics, electrical engineering and systems science, and economics.
CUNY Academic Works: https://academicworks.cuny.edu/
- CUNY Academic Works is a service of the CUNY Libraries dedicated to collecting and providing access to the research, scholarship, and creative and pedagogical work of the City University of New York. In service to CUNY’s mission as a public university, content in Academic Works is freely available to all.
- This collection contains cultural heritage materials gathered during the World Digital Library (WDL) project, including thousands of items contributed by partner organizations worldwide as well as content from Library of Congress collections.
Digital Public Library of America: https://dp.la/
- Discover 44,344,926 images, texts, videos, and sounds from across the United States.
- We share and promote European cultural heritage to be used and enjoyed by everyone for learning, for work, or just for fun.
Digital Library of the Middle East: https://dlmenetwork.org/library
- The Digital Library of the Middle East (DLME) offers free and open access to the rich cultural legacy of the Middle East and North Africa by bringing together collections from a wide range of cultural heritage institutions.
Southeast Asia Digital Library: https://sea.lib.niu.edu/
- The Southeast Asia Digital Library (SEADL) provides free and open access to a variety of materials created in and about Southeast Asia.
If you are looking for any additional or non-English resources, need help navigating sharing materials with COIL partners, or have any other questions please contact Thomas Cleary (email@example.com) or any of the other Library faculty.