Welcome to Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL)! This program allows you to collaborate on course projects virtually with students who reside in other countries. COIL allows you to:
- Engage in exciting group projects that address global topics and relate to your course content
- Participate in fun ice-breakers with peers abroad
- Learn about different countries, cultures, and communities through dialogue with international students and professors
- Develop written, oral, and digital communication skills necessary for career success in the 21st century
- Become more flexible, empathetic, and open to diverse viewpoints
- Receive a Certificate in Global and Digital Learning to showcase on your resume
- Work with Career Consultants to improve your resume and transfer documents
Every semester, several LaGuardia professors develop robust COIL projects in order to create an engaging learning environment for their students. To participate in COIL, simply sign up for a course with a COIL component. These courses are included in your CUNY tuition. You do NOT need to pay anything extra; simply register for them as you would for any other class.
To learn about previous COIL projects, please watch LaGuardia’s recent COIL Showcase.
If you have any questions, please email Dr. Olga Aksakalova at email@example.com.